Thursday 11 July 2013

Turquoise Distressed Dresser

This piece was so much fun to work on.  It had so much character with all that ornate detailing, and the hardware is simply swoon worthy!


I felt really lucky to find this piece because a few months ago I responded to an ad for the same set and tried to get the seller to just sell me the dresser (and not the rest of the set).  My offer was refused and I remember I was so upset because I had such a vision of what could be done with it.


Fast forward 4 months, and I found the same dresser, for sale all by itself!  Thank you furniture gods!


I confess I was going to use emerald.  In fact I had behr 'precious emerald' colour matched in my dulux as I was inspired by this piece by Pam at 'Simple Details' .  My emerald turned out much more 'forest green' than this one though, and I was a little reluctant to try it out.  So instead I played it safe and opted for my fav shade of turquoise (again!).



I painted the insides of the recessed detailing two shades lighter than the  turquoise body, and again accented with some blue and yellow.  Everything got a good distressing to 'vintage' it up a bit. As usual, the detailing is hard to see in the pictures. Sigh.


I just can't get enough of the hardware.  They are little works of art all by themselves!  They are like butterflies, all set to flutter away.






linking up to:

missmustard see.com

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/



2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I didn't think I would like these big old '70s dressers, but I just finished one in black and white and can't wait to get another! What is the name of this blue you used?? Do you use a semi-gloss?? And,,,do you roll, spray or hand brush?? lol. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from MMS, that is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for the sweet mention, what a fun surprise as I'm reading! :)

    ReplyDelete