Friday 27 September 2013

Little bit o'mint

This is the third piece from the French Baronet set.  I really loved the way my previous mint and white dresser (here) turned out, so I decided to go for the same combination again.


I primed the dresser first with primer tinted a mint colour. I then painted on my dulux satin sheen in mint (two coats).  I distressed back revealing some of the original white finish and some of the wood beneath. 


I also painted the recessed trim with white to add some visual interest, and I painted out the hardware white on this one as well.


I topped it all with an oil based poly, and voila!  A cute little piece of French goodness!


I think she would look great as a little entry-hall catch all, or in a nursery too.


The shot below captures the colour really well.  It is a lovely soft mint with just a touch of vibrancy.


Stay tuned for my next piece..Im trying my hand at something red for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment