Wednesday 12 March 2014

Gold Dipped French Buffet

Hello everyone.  Well, Mr Chuckles and I survived our month in Peru, and even managed to survive the week long cruise we took after that. :)  My my, I felt spoilt.  Right up until we landed back in this wind-swept, white-washed barren land called Canada, I felt really indulged.  


Peru was wonderful. We did lots of trekking in the mountains (which of course included a tiring ascent up to Machu Picchu) to take in some glorious views.  It was great to escape the snow, but Im happy to have my paint brush in hand again too!


So I have been painting up a fury, and my first piece is a gold dipped french buffet.  I used a great cabinet paint by Benjamin moore in a soft cream for the body, and I went for a gold dipped effect on the bottom using spray paint.  


I should have taken pictures of all the taping off I had to do in order to prevent the spray paint from marring up the cream paint, but of course I forgot.   


I opted to only dip the front section in gold and not the sides as I prefer it this way. I finished the hardware in Rub-n-buff ( I love this stuff!)






I think it turned out stunning and very chic. Much nicer than the before. 




1 comment: