Thursday 18 December 2014

Triplets working a two-tone

The Christmas countdown is officially on.  I'm not sure how many more viewings of ELF I will be able to squeeze in, but at this point - and I don't mean to brag - but I just may be about to break a personal record.  In fact, its on TV in the background right now.  I just love that movie.  'Singing's my favorite.'

 
I have been busy shopping for all the nieces and nephews as well as Mr Chuckles, and I have perhaps even squeezed in a new gift or two for myself.  Its strange, I'm usually pretty conservative with my spending, but come Christmas time I turn into a shopaholic. 

 
If you read my last post then you know I was teetering about not buying my cranky 7-year old niece a gift after she balled me out for asking her what she wanted.  But in the end, I caved and bought her something.  I'm going to pack it in a box of coal though and wrap it in a dirty diaper.  
 
Just kidding.


So I actually finished the pieces in this post a little while ago, but I haven't yet posted about them.  They are some more two-tone MCM pieces (which I tend to a do a lot) so I suppose I wasn't in a hurry to post them.

 
They were a great find and were pretty straight forward to transform.  I sanded back the bodies, vacuumed and wiped clean.  I then primed with gripper and I also had to use Zinsser BIN on a few places where I sanded back to the wood and was getting bleed through.  I followed up with several coats of Cabinet coat paint. The wood facings and legs are original, but I cleaned them up and used gel stain to dab some of the imperfections. Works a treat.

 
They turned out pretty spiffy. I love the legs on these ones.

2 comments: