On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this tent a zero. And to top it off, it had no heat retention. I was a shivering mess come morning. Fortunately the rest of the trip was a success apart from the colds Mr. C and I both lugged home with us.
The top of this piece was in a very cracked condition. The old finish was about an 1/8th of an inch thick and took about two hours to sand off! Because I went down to the bare wood, I made sure to prime with Zinsser BIN before painting to stop the dreaded bleed through in its tracks. The wood grain is thick and very visible through the paint still which looks awesome.
I painted out the body of the piece in a light gray chalk paint, distressed lightly around the edges. I painted the top drawer white, and then I modpodged the distressed IKAT paper onto the drawer facings.
The original vintage wood pulls were finished in the same gray as the body, and the metal hardware was buffed to a soft silvery/gold.
Definitely a whimsical piece, but I think she looks adorable!