Saturday 18 April 2015

Restoration Hardware Style Mirrors

I was flipping through the latest addition of the Restoration Hardware Catalogue recently, and I happened across this picture here.


I loved the matte black cabinets and the distressing.  I never seem to paint anything black, and when I picked up this great dresser set with two gorgeous mirrors I knew I was going to paint the mirrors black.


They are so beautiful and tall and fairly contemporary given that they are vintage.

 
I sanded them down gently as I still wanted the wood stain to show through once I distressed them.

 
I painted everything matte black, and then use course grit sand paper to sand all of the edges (this was the most time consuming part).  I then sealed everything with wax.

 
I love how they turned out. They would look great above his and her bathroom sinks.  I wish I had a pair of those to hang them above for me.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment