Sunday 7 July 2013

Distressed Turquoise Buffet Dresser

UPDATE!  I was grumpily sipping on my coffee at 7am yesterday when my bleary eyes turned on 'Candace Tells All'.  A double take was in order because I thought this dresser below was making its new home in one of her clients living room.  It took me a good 3 seconds to determine if it was in fact my dresser.  It wasn't. Sigh. How neat would that have been.  The dresser she was using was so similar in both style and colour. Good taste Candace!
 
 
You know it's a good day when you stumble across a piece of furniture you love, only to find out that it is.....FREE!!  I scored this gem at my favorite re-store just when she was about to be loaded onto a truck bound for the dump.  Naturally I flapped my arms about and gestured over to the my trunk - open, willing and spacious.


I have been missing my turquoise lately, having been doing a lot of whites and other colours.  So this was my chance to dust off the lid of my favorite shade of turquoise and work some magic. 


 I did a couple of base coats and then I brushed on some yellow and cobalt accents.  They don't come out too wonderfully with the poor quality of my camera phone - but they are there.  I assure you. ;)


I love the legs on this dresser.  Very grand and statement making.



You can see a bit of the cobalt and yellow in this picture.  If you squint your eyes.



 A bit of the heavy distressing can be seen in the close-up shot below.


That's all for today.  Have a nice one.  


I remembered to snap a before shot of this one.  

16 comments:

  1. WOW IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL! and for free, you won the lottery that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just stunning - and for free, wow, you definitely scored. Bravo on the colour choice. It's beautiful
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piece and mostly the color! Nice job. WHY was she headed to the dump?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Apparently the shop storage room and some water leaking in, so in order to repair it they needed to dump some stock. I scored a couple of freebies that day. Woop woop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome!! I love that color!
    Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a glamorous piece, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is incredible and goes perfectly in your gorgeous house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hail to all "poor quality" cameras! I know what you mean. I think she looks gorgeous! And for FREE? Fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you on Roadkill Rescue...this piece is gorgeous. It really is a statement piece and now you have loads of additional storage! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get all giddy too when I score a free piece like that. Good for you! And what a MAGNIFICENT job you've done on it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you from roadkill rescue. I LOVE THIS! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! LOVE your choice of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your choice of colors is stunning. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning. What a before and after this is! Who would ever dream that it would turn out so beautifully?

    ReplyDelete