Thursday 8 August 2013

Regal Bedside Tables

I took a long drive through the country to catch a glimpse at these little beauties.  To be honest, they were actually an after-thought, as I was really interested in their big 9-drawer sister, but she was a lot, erm.. shorter in real life. If she were on an online dating site Id be telling all my buddies that she looked a lot better in her picture.


In fact, she looked like she was made for Hobbits, or little people. Saying she was two feet tall would be paying her a compliment.  She had no legs (unlike the bedside tables, and the Hobbits) which makes me wonder if they were removed years ago for some reason and misplaced along the way.


I didn’t want the 45 minute drive to be in vain though, so I decided to make an offer only for the nightstands, and the owner was happy to accept.  I LOVE the legs on these, they look so grand for nightstands. I can imagine them strutting down main street in a pair of strappy stilettos.


I was doing big-bertha at the same time, so I decided to paint them matchy-matchy in hopes someone wanted them as a set. It's amazing how some paint can make mismatched things looks like they belong together!

They are a turquoise, distressed and accented with yellow. (This is going to be a trademark of mine soon if Im not careful!  :)


The hardware on these are cute, but in hindsight, I wish I had traded them out for some larger pulls.  Hindsight hindsight, darn you hindsight.



No comments:

Post a Comment