Thursday 7 August 2014

A Little Free Antique Dresser in Gray

Just a little post today.  I picked up this adorable petite antique dresser on the curbside with a FREE sign attached to it.  Yes please!  I went back and grabbed Mr. Chuckles and the Mazda and ushered her into the back.

 
I opted to paint it in a gray chalk paint because it gets good coverage and is a nice neutral colour.  I painted the original wood knobs in white for a nice little contrast.
 

 
There was some cracking on one of the middle drawers which is visible in the picture above, I glued and clamped it, but I didn't try to wood fill or smooth it out.  I didn't think it would be that noticeable..which it kind of is.  Grrr.


She is fairly narrow which just serves to make her legs look even taller.  Like a tall and gangly (but still adorably cute) teenager. And look at those adorable wooden caster wheels.

 
The before shot gives some insight as to why it was free, but it sanded back really easily.  A nice little find for me. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! What a lucky day to find something curbside. I like the contrasting white knobs. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd have found that on the side of the road :-) You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this transformation. I use my grandparents' bedroom suite which is similar to this. I have been considering painting it gray. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job, (love Mr. Chuckles)

    ReplyDelete