Wednesday 16 October 2013

Another TWO-TONED MCM Dresser!


Here is my latest installment.  I was lucky to find a few great condition MCM pieces recently!  My garage is currently struggling to contain them all (lucky me!).


I love a great two-tone look, so I decided to do it again on this lovely six-drawer.


I gave the entire body a really good sand, and then put on two coats of primer, before painting on 3-4 coats of off-white.


I use a satin sheen, as I am not a fan of glossy paint.  I used some clear wax to protect and add an extra layer of durability.


For the drawer facings, I sanded them down and topped them with some walnut stain for a great contrasting and contemporary look.


I really love the handles on this piece.  I had a chance to pick up the matching tallboy at a steal, but I hesitated because the condition was a bit drabby-drab.  I might sneak back and see if it is still available though...  


Stay tuned for some more MCM transformations, and maybe some colour too!  Its time for a dose of turquoise!

1 comment: