Thursday 18 December 2014

For the set of the MARILYN MONROE film !

So as I have mentioned previously, I am having a love affair with a particular shade of deep blue combined with gold hardware.  In fact, I currently have two dressers in the shop being fitted out with the exact look.  I just love it, simply love it.  I realize it isn't the most creative to keep recreating the same look over and over again.  But, well, I don't really have an excuse.

 
 
This beauty here was such a good find.  I paid more for her than I usually would because I just loved that oversized hardware.  I picked her up in our November 'Polar-Vortex' blizzard and nearly skidded off the road getting her home. 
 

 
I actually finished her about a month and a bit ago, I am a little behind on blogging about some of my posts.  Im proud to say she will be gracing the set of an upcoming MARILYN MONROE film being shot in Toronto.  I will definitely be watching that film (I think its release date is 2016) to see if I can catch a glimpse of my handiwork.  Pretty exciting for ol' Rae Bond!
 

 
I had Mr. Chuckles help me add the legs custom to give the grandeur of extra height.  I used rub n buff on her hardware, it came out so beautifully.  The piece itself was finished in Dulux Diamond with POP and finished with Satin sheen polyurethane.  I think its lovely that the oak grain is still visible.

 
I toyed with the idea of accenting some of the raised detailing with gold as well, but I was concerned that it would compete with the beauty of the hardware so I just let it be.

 

And the before


Linking up to Miss Mustard Seeds final furniture feature party of 2014!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Congratulations on getting a piece of your furniture on a movie set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!! Man you find the coolest pieces where you live!
    Would you believe I just finished one almost identical to yours?? and same color,,,I think. I used BM
    "Evening Blue". Has the big chunky hardware I sprayed in Kylon's brass gold, I think. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to post a pic yet but check it out in a few days and let me know what you think. It was one of those dresser/painting jobs from hell!

    ReplyDelete